Decision Day
I have never used InDesign and Premiere pro, so this was my first time using them. Using these software's was a very cool but somewhat confusing experience. Since I have never worked with them before and I have a Chromebook at home, it was difficult to understand the process at first. After I was able to download my pictures and videos, the apps seemed like very useful tools to make great videos and edit great pictures with because of all the different tools and features you can use. I could use these programs in my project to enhance the story by making it look appealing to the eye, adding shapes, colors and images in a creative way.
InDesign allowed me to turn my pictures into something they weren’t before. It allowed me to edit them and by following along the video tutorial in class, the app even seemed simple to use. InDesign could make a great front cover of a magazine, not just films. You could use different colors, fade, gradient and layer to make the quality even better. Lee Gutkind, a speaker in the article “Survival of the Fittest” explains that with these editing techniques, “Our recent redesign, which incorporates color and illustrations into the magazine, is certainly intended to make it more reader friendly.” Not only can these techniques make magazines look better, but they can make them more reader friendly. I am going to use InDesign in helping me deliver my story by using up all the tools I can to make a magazine cover or pages be the highest quality they can.
After using Premiere Pro for the first time, I realized this was a very cool way to edit videos and turn a clip into something with crazy detail and effects. Premiere Pro could help me deliver a story by allowing me to edit videos into a clip of something completely different by adding colors, affects and even text. I could put multiple videos together to make them more interesting. They would assist in making the quality great. I would use the audio mixer tool, time remapping, ripple edit tool and the slide tool, if I were to do a film portfolio project, to make the video look super entertaining and advanced. Premiere Pro is used to edit videos with different techniques, but similar techniques can also be used for storytelling. The author of “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom” writes, “One of my favorites is using LEGO bricks to construct narrative scenes and then importing photographs of the creations into a program such as Microsoft Publisher to create a graphic novel or into iMovie to be combined with narrations over the scenes. Scenes can even be constructed and shared directly with the class.”
I believe that after reviewing InDesign and Premiere Pro in class, it has made me want to do a magazine. I really enjoyed the film making and editing the film in ways so that it can fade or get blurrier. However, I liked editing the pictures and making them look as if they could be magazine covers better. I think using InDesign will be a great tool to help me make the best magazine I can at the best quality I can.
(521 words)
Comments
Post a Comment